Join the FSA Consulting Team
Network Systems Administrator
Job title: Systems Administrator
Employment category: Annual (at-will)
Employment type: Full-time
This individual reports directly to the Principal and is responsible for managing and maintaining various existing business computer networks as well as supporting the ongoing IT needs of the network users as they arise. This individual will be responsible for managing small office networks, local area networks, and wide area networks consisting of computer workstations, network printers, Ethernet switches, routers, hubs, wireless access points and various other network devices and servers, some of which may be running Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Exchange among other software suites. Additionally, designing and implementing new computer network deployments and VoIP hosted PBXs may be required from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Perform with a considerable degree of independence and accountability.
- Organize, set priorities, take initiative and exercise sound independent judgment.
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with computer systems.
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing network environments.
- Perform routine audits of computer systems and software.
- Perform data backups.
- Apply operating system updates, patches and configuration changes.
- Install and configure new hardware and software.
- Add, remove or update user account information including resetting passwords, etc.
- Answer technical queries, often with frustrated users.
- Maintain documentation of the configuration of the systems.
- Troubleshoot and report problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Ensure network infrastructure is online and running smoothly.
- Troubleshoot communications systems to determine if problems are related to hardware or software.
- Repair various types of network trouble that may arise on a network.
- Test and evaluate newly installed or existing network segments to determine efficiency, reliability and compatibility.
- Utilize technical manuals and brochures to determine equipment that meets establishment requirements.
- Compile, review and/or submit reports, such as site reports or project status reports, as required.
- Lead and direct other telecommunications employees; size of crew may vary depending on the project.
- Complete all paperwork (including electronic form submission) in a timely manner.
- Drive vehicle in performance of duties in a safe and responsible manner while working and traveling in inclement weather.
- Maintain desk area, keeping it clean and free from clutter.
- Clean, maintain and stock vehicle and equipment in order to be prepared to perform required duties as they may arise with short notice.
- Order supplies and monitor inventory as necessary.
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, peers and customers.
- Assist with various events as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in speaking and using the English language, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Associate degree in related course of study or four year Bachelors degree.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as a team.
- Working knowledge of Macintosh and PC (Microsoft Windows) computers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 tenant administration.
- Working knowledge of computer network architecture.
- Working knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, EIGRP, RIPv2, VLANs, Ethernet and access control lists.
- Strong understanding of the OSI model.
- Sensitivity to the needs of persons with disabilities.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to apply common sense, theory and experience to decision-making.
- Ability to recognize similarities between past and present situations; be able to identify key issues or use inductive reasoning in complex situations.
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to persist and finish projects despite obstacles or redirect when necessary.
- Ability to follow instructions or take action and address opportunities with little supervision.
- Have a high degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Ability and willingness to work some early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekend days.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Possess and maintain a valid PA drivers’ license and be insurable on auto insurance policies.
- Ability to travel for short business trips.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, MySQL and PHP and the ability to program and make changes to web applications using those protocols.
- Working knowledge of the WordPress website architecture and the ability to manipulate content, components, modules and plugins within this CMS with reasonable ease.
- Apple Certified Associate – Mac Management.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate – Windows Server 2012 (MCSA).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Routing and Switching (CCNA).
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; and use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel, type or operate tools and materials.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex administrative challenges; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with managers, staff, customers, the public and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
Please use the form below to submit your application.